(Senior) Project Engineer
Location : Barneveld, The Netherlands
Level : Master’s Degree Mechanical Engineering
Who are we?
Klaren International, based in Barneveld, is a Dutch company that operates internationally.Klaren is the inventor and developer of patented technology for self-cleaning heat exchangers. The technology is widely applicable, both in terms of applications and markets. Application of the technology leads to a strong improvement in the performance of heat exchangers, saving energy and maintenance costs and does not require the use of (anti-scaling/fouling) chemicals to keep the heat exchangers clean.
Klaren wants to expand the existing team with a (Senior) Project Engineer to further develop the technology, create new applications and expand the activities in international markets.
What does the job involve?
The Project Engineer assesses customer questions (in collaboration with colleagues) on the application of the technology, translates customer requests into applications / installations and guides the process from realization to commissioning.
In addition, the Project Engineer is involved in (internal) research and testing activities to improve the technology and to develop new applications. The Project Engineer works from the office in Barneveld but is also regularly abroad for the realization of projects, the commissioning of heat exchangers and / or the execution of tests at customers.
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
- Make basic designs of processes and/or applications/ installations based on the self-cleaning heat exchanger technology;
- Make calculations and drafting specifications for the basic design of applications/installations;
- Maintain contacts with suppliers and monitor the construction of installations;
- Guiding clients and putting installations into operation (especially abroad);
- Conducting research and/or elaborating ideas for improving the technology;
- Guiding students (trainees) in carrying out tests and/or research to improve the technology.
What knowledge and experience are required?
- You have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering in the field of project engineering, energy technology or equivalent with at least 3-5 years of relevant working experience;
- You have experience with the calculation of processes and/or installations in which the exchange of heat between gas and liquid streams plays a role;
- You have experience with reading/reviewing and assessing technical drawings;
- You find a challenge in an innovative working environment and want to contribute to it;
- You are a team player and have good communication skills;
- You can work independently and are stress-resistant. This is especially important when commissioning new heat exchangers;
- You have the ambition to work on international projects where travelling is part of the job;
- You live and are allowed to work in the Netherlands.
What does Klaren International offer?
Klaren International offers a challenging position with a market-based salary, in which you are involved in both the further development of our product and in the design and realization of projects. The Klaren International projects are in Europe, as well as in the United States and India. You become part of our team and after a training period you also have the responsibility for your own projects. In these projects you will deal with engineering, purchasing, project management and direct customer contact.
If you are interested, please send an email with CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Eric Veen (+31 6 11300503) for additional information.